We respect your privacy. We want to ensure that you get the information, content, and experiences that matter most to you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our Users.
- Permissions Required – By downloading and using the Prathamgyan android application (URL for Prathamgyan App Download) or using the Prathamgyan website (https://www.prathamgyan.com), you may be required to consent to provide permissions for the application or website to use the following:
- Microphone – This is used by the Prathamgyan android application only for the purposes of recording your voice when the application explicitly requests you to record your voice while consuming Content. Such recording is stored only locally on your device. Additionally, on the Prathamgyan website, a Registered User can choose to include a voice recording while creating Content and this is stored as part of the relevant Content.
- Camera – The camera is used by the Prathamgyan android application only to scan QR Codes to access content and for LIVE Classroom participation across Prathamgyan.
- Access to File Manager – This is used by the Prathamgyan android application to transfer Content to an external storage space. Additionally, on the Prathamgyan desktop app, this is used to transfer Content to and from an external storage device like a pen drive or SD card.
- Information Collected –
- Information from Users, who access Prathamgyan as guest users without becoming Registered Users – User Type (Student/ Teacher), Board, Medium and Class.
- Registered User’s Information – Depending on your mode of registration, for a User to become a Registered User, the following information is collected:
Registration Data: user name, email address or mobile number, password, medium of instruction, board of interest, classes of interest, subjects of interest, state (self-declared) and district (self-declared). In the event of registration by a person under 18 years of age, Prathamgyan prompts the User to provide the email address or mobile number of a parent / guardian for the purposes of registration.
- Self-Declared Information – From the Prathamgyan profile page, a Registered User may choose to provide additional information such as name, mobile number, email address, school or organisation name, school U-DISE code or organisation code / number, ID as provided by your state/board/organisation, which will be shared with the relevant Administrators of Prathamgyan.
- Prathamgyan does not require or encourage children under 18 years of age to provide their personal information.
- Location Policy of Prathamgyan–
- IP address is collected once, when you install the Prathamgyan android application for the limited purpose of ascertaining the State, City and District of origin.
- Your IP address is not stored at any time. When you access, register or log in to Prathamgyan, Prathamgyan obtains your IP address. This IP address is only collected temporarily and is used to determine your approximate location – State, City and District. This is a one-time activity, and once your State and District is determined as per Prathamgyan’s database, your IP address is promptly deleted permanently. While on our servers, your IP address is securely handled.
- The State, City and District determined through this process are then saved against as part of your Prathamgyan Device Profile. Registered Users are free to edit the State and District details at any time through their Prathamgyan Device Profile.
- Prathamgyan Device Profile – In order to create a customised experience for you, as detailed in the section “Use of your Information“, an anonymised Prathamgyan Device Profile is generated when a User or Registered User uses Prathamgyan from any device. The Prathamgyan Device Profile comprises the information collected about you depending on your mode of access of Prathamgyan as mentioned above. If you are using Prathamgyan as a guest User, i.e. without registering on Prathamgyan, your user profile details are stored locally on your device. Prathamgyan ensures that your Prathamgyan Device Profile is handled securely.
- Data Policy of Prathamgyan –
- Data collected by Prathamgyan –
- Personal information or general information of Registered Users (depending on the mode of registration)
- Telemetry data in relation to your usage and interactions on Prathamgyan.
- Data Security –
- When you use Prathamgyan using a device, the device ID of your device is encrypted and an anonymised Prathamgyan Device ID is created on Prathamgyan.
- Your phone number and email ID are encrypted and stored securely.
- Additionally, a variety of methods such as network and infrastructure security, encryption and manual security procedures are used to secure your information and data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of your personal information / general information / usage data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use. If you think that Prathamgyan or any your personal information / general information / usage data is not secure or that there has been unauthorized access to the website or your personal data, please contact email@example.com immediately.
- Rest assured, reasonable security measures as mandated under the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with (Indian) Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 are being used to safeguard and protect your data and information.
- Although Prathamgyan strives to protect your personal information and data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to its site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received, reasonable procedures and security features are in place to reasonably endeavour to prevent unauthorized access in accordance with Indian law.
- Storage of your information or data – Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data may also be stored in physical form. The administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan may enter into agreements with third parties to store and process your information or data. These third parties will follow security standards to safeguard your information or data and administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan will, on a reasonable basis, require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information or data.
- Information for which we are not responsible – Prathamgyan may have Content, webpages, cookies, files, software, data or other information or communication links that are originated, created or posted by third parties that may have the capability to collect, store or use your data or information. The administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan are not responsible for such data or information collected, stored or used by third parties even if such third parties use Prathamgyan to collect, store or use such data or information. If you access Prathamgyan through a third party QR code scanner or through a web browser, the administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan are not responsible for the data or information collected by such third parties.
- Use of your information / data –
- One of the key purposes to collect your personal and general information or data is to provide you with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience, including, suggesting relevant Content based on your activity on Prathamgyan, tracking your progress, validating your contact details and issuing certificates for courses and other learning experiences on Prathamgyan.
- Your information to facilitate and provide various services on Prathamgyan.
- At times Multiple Users may be looked at to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular may examine your information or data to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases.
- Your information or data may be compared or reviewed for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
- You agree that your information or data may be used, to analyze the usage of Prathamgyan, improve Prathamgyan’s content and offerings, and customize Prathamgyan’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve Prathamgyan and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the site.
- The administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan may use third parties as service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of service operations that are provided on Prathamgyan (e.g., search technology, discussion boards, technical service providers, affiliate) and therefore some of your information or data may be provided directly to these service providers. These service providers are subject to confidentiality and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information provided to them for any purpose other than to facilitate specific website related operations.
- You understand, agree and acknowledge that the collection, storage and processing of your information or data on Prathamgyan is for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Prathamgyan. You further understand, agree and acknowledge that your information or data which is classified as personal information as per applicable laws is considered necessary for us to provide various services on and in relation to Prathamgyan to you and for your usage of Prathamgyan.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement – The administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan cooperate with governments and law enforcement agencies or any third party by any order under law for the time being in force to enforce and comply with the law. Any information about you will be disclosed to the government or law enforcement officials or private parties as, in the sole discretion of the administrators and technology support providers, if they believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect their property and rights or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. Your information or data may also be provided to various tax authorities upon any demand or request from them. You acknowledge that Prathamgyan can be accessed from anywhere in the world and it will have users from all over the world and therefore governments, judiciaries or law enforcement authorities in various parts of the world may have or assume jurisdiction over Prathamgyan and Prathamgyan may be subject to the laws, rules, regulations and judgments of various countries, states, municipalities or provinces where it may not have a direct presence to store, process, collect, use or keep your information or data. You acknowledge that government or law enforcement authorities in the countries where your data or information is stored may have the right to decrypt, collect, monitor or access your data or information, which actions are completely out of the control of the administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan. The administrators and technology support providers of Prathamgyan do not take any responsibility for such actions.
- Deleting your information – If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided deleted, you can always do so by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may note that deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with Prathamgyan and your access to certain features of Prathamgyan. You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be deleted or may be prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
- Data collected by Prathamgyan –